Company History

Needham Chalks has been in operation for 70 years. The first chalk was dug from the Needham Market quarry in 1947, when in those days chalk was dug by hand and moved by horse and cart.

In the early days the chalk was primarily used in Agriculture, as farmers became more and more aware of soil fertility and management. Realising the importance of this valuable resource enabled farmers to maximise their yields.

Present Day

With the backing of Harlow Agricultural Merchants (HAM), who bought the company in 2012, we continue to be the largest supplier of quarried chalk in our region with the desire to expand into other areas of the industry.

We are currently operating out of 5 quarries and produce 100,000 tonnes of chalk every year for agricultural and industrial use.

We are also proud to be the UK’s largest supplier of Whole and Knapped Flints for decorative building work.

The Future

The Future for Needham Chalks (HAM) Ltd is looking bright, with lots of new ideas and projects being thought up by our committed work force. Exciting new projects include our sand and gravel operation at Caistor in Norfolk and GPS mapping for our soil sampling and analysis.

The addition of a new e-shop will enable customers to purchase chalk and flint projects online.

MEET THE TEAM

Rob Hunt - Flint Team Manager.

ROB HUNT

FLINT TEAM MANAGER

01760 755017 (office) or

07889 975141 (mobile)

Jay - Flint Team.

JAY

FLINT TEAM
Tom.

TOM

FLINT TEAM
JOIN OUR TEAM

OUR PARTNERS